Saturday 28th April 2018 - 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Location: Volunteer Training Centre
Address: Oakham Road
Would you like to encourage wildlife into your garden or green space but aren’t quite sure how to do it on your own? Perhaps you’ve always dreamed of a wildlife pond full of newts and toads, or a border by the patio that’s buzzing with bees and butterflies all summer long? Well now you can learn how to make that dream a reality!
Jim and Joel Ashton (‘The Butterfly Brothers’) of Hazelwood Landscapes are delighted to announce bookings are now being taken for their first workshop of 2018.
This workshop is aimed at anyone who wants to make their garden, outdoor space or community area a home for wildlife (or more wildlife-friendly). The workshop covers all the essential aspects of a good wildlife garden, content as follows:
- The importance of gardening with wildlife in mind
- What wildlife can you expect in your garden?
- Our 4 key steps to making gardens work for wildlife
- Mapping out existing features
- Wildlife ponds
- Wildflower meadows and flowering lawns
- Nectar plants for butterflies, bees, moths and much more
- Attracting birds
- Choosing the best trees and shrubs
- Utilising vertical space – fences and wall
- Recycling garden waste into homes for wildlife
- Attracting hedgehogs, bats and other mammals
- Help and advice to design/improve your own garden or outdoor space
- Q & A – We can answer your questions throughout the day to help you reach your goals
All participants will receive a folder with information on topics covered to take home for future reference.
Workshop cost – £95.00
Tea and coffee will be provided but you will need to bring your own lunch.
Toilet facilities available.
Booking Terms & Conditions
By booking and paying for an event or course via this website, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- To secure a place full payment must be provided
- Cancellations must be made no later than 4 weeks before the start to obtain a refund.
- If you cancel at short notice, a refund cannot be given. You will be offered a place on the next available course.
- If the course has to be cancelled you will be notified as soon as possible, and alternative arrangements or a refund made.
If you have any queries regarding these terms and conditions, please get in touch with us or phone 01572 770651 and we'll be glad to help.