Tuesday 20th March 2018 - 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Location: Anglian Water Birdwatching Centre
Address: Rutland Water Nature Reserve
Are you a Nature Reserve Novice?
Would you like a little direction?
Do you fancy a walk with like-minded people?
Whatever your experience or motivation come along on a Tuesday morning stroll to discover some amazing wildlife.
We aim to have small intimate groups of around 8 people to give us time to explore as many habitats as possible.
Your guide, Jeff Davies, has a wealth of wildlife experience and knowledge which will make your morning’s walk both enjoyable and extremely informative.
- During the WINTER the walks will concentrate on bird ID hopefully noting the abundant wildfowl & waders together with other winter visitors such as Bittern, Great White Egret, Lesser Redpoll, Siskin & Smew.
- In SPRING you will concentrate on the songs & calls of our domestic breeding birds and arriving migrants – hopefully including Nightingale, Spotted Flycatcher, Avocet, Water Rails and up to ten species of Warbler.
- In SUMMER you will continue to observe the birdlife but additionally you will find and identify local Butterflies, Dragonflies and study the diverse Flora & Fauna on the Nature Reserve.
- During AUTUMN there will be a multitude of wildlife to observe including rare waders, Hobby’s feeding young, Osprey preparing for migration, Marsh Harrier, Barn Owls and arriving Fieldfare & Redwings.
Jeff has been passionately interested in wildlife for over 40 years and has been involved in survey work for the BTO and the RSPB. A regular volunteer on the Rutland Water Nature Reserve habitat team, with the Osprey Project and as an Ambassador for the Leicestershire & Rutland Wildlife Trust – Jeff will ensure your morning is very well spent.
Cost £10.00 per person (Annual Permit Holder £5.00) This includes parking and a day permit for the entire nature reserve.
Please bring suitable clothing and footwear. Binoculars are essential – if you don’t have your own they can be hired from £5.00 per session.
Please book as early as possible as at certain times of the year these walks will fill up quickly!
Bookings are closed for this event.
Booking Terms & Conditions
By booking and paying for an event or course via this website, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- To secure a place full payment must be provided
- Cancellations must be made no later than 4 weeks before the start to obtain a refund.
- If the course has to be cancelled you will be notified as soon as possible, and alternative arrangements or a refund made.
If you have any queries regarding these terms and conditions, please get in touch with us or phone 01572 770651 and we'll be glad to help.