Saturday 15th September 2018 - 9:45 AM - 4:00 PM
Location: Volunteer Training Centre
Address: Oakham Rd, Near Egleton
Dry Stone walls can stand for decades. This two day course will give you the basic principles of the craft of stone wall building or repair and give you an understanding of the construction of a field wall. John Shone of Rutland Willows will be your instructor, a professional dry stone waller with many years of teaching. He will explain the techniques of the craft while you get hands on experience.
During the course you will learn how to:
- Strip out a wall correctly and grade the stone
- Set up a wall profile
- Lay foundations
- Build the first and second lift
- Lay throughstones correctly
- Cope a wall off and tidy
You should be able to lift heavy stone. Tough boots, gloves (preferably pvc) and clothes suitable to the weather are essential. If the weather is likely to be hot please think of bringing a hat and sunscreen as you will be outside continuously without shade. You will be provided with and shown how to use any tools you might need.
NB: In the event of extremely poor weather the event may have to be rescheduled for safety reasons
Bookings are closed for this event.
Booking Terms & Conditions
By booking and paying for an event or course via this website, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- To secure a place full payment must be provided
- Cancellations must be made no later than 4 weeks before the start to obtain a refund.
- If the course has to be cancelled you will be notified as soon as possible, and alternative arrangements or a refund made.
If you have any queries regarding these terms and conditions, please get in touch with us or phone 01572 770651 and we'll be glad to help.