OUR SITES, FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
- Clean and serviceable and suitable for the visiting group.
- Checked regularly and safe for use.
- Are Risk Assessed and inspected regularly.
Our staff will:
- Be DBS checked.
- Liaise with school staff via phone and email regarding the visit, agreeing a date and topic.
- Follow up receiving a completed Booking From with any queries that may arise. Including any questions about disability and SEN requirements that we will need to be aware of to fulfil the learning outcomes.
- Send via email to the school staff any relevant Risk Assessments, day plans and locations needed for the visit.
- Will have knowledge of all on site Emergency Procedures, and be able to act accordingly to situations as they arise, including raising the alarm and gathering First Aid Equipment and help.
IN AN EMERGENCY
The Education Staff will:
- Take control of the situation, following on site emergency procedures.
- Direct School Staff/pupils as necessary.
- Complete a follow up investigation with school, senior managers and health and safety advisors if required.
The person making the booking should:
- Liaise with Education staff via phone and email regarding the visit, agreeing a date and topic.
- Complete the Booking From and return it to the Education Staff as necessary, including supplying a phone number for the visiting teacher so that contact can be made on the day if necessary.
- Supply all relevant information about the visiting group, including and disability and SEN requirements that we will need to make Education Staff aware of to fulfil the learning outcomes.
- Receive all relevant documentation sent through from the Education Team and supply it to the necessary staff. E.g. Risk Assessments, day plans, locations.
- Update the Education Team as necessary about any changes to the booking, E.g. numbers of learners/adults, arrival/departure timings.
- Ensure a First Aider is present on the day.
VISITING TEACHERS / ADDITIONAL SUPERVISORY STAFF AND PARENTS
Teacher in Charge on the Day should:
- Make themselves known to the Education Staff.
- Liaise with Education Staff about the process of the day, with particular reference to adjustments to the day plan, the need for breaks etc.
All teaching staff should:
- Follow the instructions of the Education Staff .
- Help with control and discipline.
- Ensure pupils are prepared for the weather and activities
RESPONSIBILITIES OF PUPILS
The school should make it clear to pupils that they must:
- Follow the instructions of the Education Staff.
- Not take unnecessary risks.
- Dress and behave sensibly and responsibly.
- Any pupils whose behaviour may be considered to be a danger to themselves or to the group may be stopped participating in the visit.